An unhealthy relationship with technology can mean missed opportunities to connect with the real world. That’s why I wrote a book of 5,203 alternatives to looking at your phone.
… Read More
- Barbara Ann Kipfer is a lexicographer, archaeologist, and author of more than 80 books and calendars, including “14,000 Things to be Happy About.”
- The following is an adapted excerpt from her new book, “5,203 Things to Do Instead of Looking at Your Phone.”
- In it, she suggests striking a balance between your online and offline lives with alternative ways to reconnect with the world around you.
- Kipfer uses her expertise to help people examine why they’re mindlessly motivated to reach for screens, and how to restore a healthy relationship with activities that fill up your downtime.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
I’m a listmaker. I’ve published 80+ books and calendars — mainly lists. My editor came up with the idea of a list styled book with suggestions on what to do “instead of looking at your phone.” This brilliant focus resonated