2 Democratic congresswomen say the police were called after they showed up at an Amazon warehouse to check on workers’ safety
… Read More
- Rep. Rashida Tlaib said in a tweet Friday that Amazon called the police on her and Rep. Debbie Dingell after they showed up at a Michigan warehouse to check on workers’ safety.
- The Democratic lawmakers, both from Michigan, had come at the request of workers and the company itself, and were waiting for more than an hour, Tlaib said.
- Tlaib said they were eventually let in and both said they would share more soon.
- Tlaib and Dingell have previously raised concerns about worker safety and called for a federal investigation into Amazon’s warehouse safety practices.
- “There was an unfortunate misunderstanding when one of our night shift security guards was not expecting external visitors to be filming onsite and was not aware of the identity of those filming