Skip to content
- A US Army officer is being investigated after a TikTok video of him making disparaging remarks about Jews and the Holocaust surfaced on social media.
- The video appears to show 2nd Lt. Nathan Freihofer, who amassed nearly 3 million TikTok followers, saying he would not be verified on the app due to the nature of his “dark jokes.”
- Freihofer goes on to say that a “Jewish person’s favorite Pokémon character” is Ash, the name of the protagonist in the popular cartoon and video game series, in a reference to the Nazi’s extermination of 6 million European Jews as part of the Holocaust.
- David Lapan, a former Defense Department spokesman, told Insider the video was distasteful.
- “It is a glaring example of what the military services try to avoid in social media,” Lapan told Insider. “On the one hand, we encourage service members to use social media, but to do so
… Read More