Table of Contents
AWS Outposts is a fully managed service that extends AWS Infrastructure, AWS services, APIs, and tools to virtually any datacenter, colocation space, or on-premises facility for a truly consistent hybrid experience. You can run what you need to locally, utilizing the same Intel® processor technology in Amazon EC2 instances, and scale to the cloud when needed. Outposts also removes the heavy lifting required to procure, manage, and upgrade existing on-premises infrastructure.
Scroll down to learn how AWS Outposts meets a range of use cases that are not yet suited to cloud but may be held back by traditional on-premises infrastructure.
AWS brings the cloud to anywhere you need it to be
With common infrastructure, services, APIs, and tools across their cloud and on-premises environments, businesses in a variety of sectors can become more agile, efficient, and competitive.
Outposts brings AWS infrastructure and services on premises
The AWS Outposts service includes the same AWS hardware we use in regions
- AWS-optimized rack design for efficiency and performance
- Supports a range of EC2 instance types (M, C, R and I, powered by Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors) for a variety of compute, memory or graphics optimized purposes
- Redundant active components including top of rack switches
- Centralized redundant power conversion unit and DC distribution system for energy efficiency, easy serviceability and higher reliability
- Managed and monitored with automatic patches and upgrades, health monitoring and enhanced security – protected by the same global network security procedures that protect AWS infrastructure in the Region
- Choose from preselected Outpost configurations that cover a variety of use cases or create custom configurations for your specific needs
Get started with AWS Outposts today
Contact us through your account team or our online form: aws.amazon.com/contact-us/
Or select the right configuration for you via the AWS Management Console:
To learn more visit aws.amazon.com/outposts.