2. Diane Jurgens, CIO, The Walt Disney Company
Diane is Executive Vice President, Enterprise Technology and Chief Information Officer, The Walt Disney Company. She oversees Disney’s global Enterprise Technology organisation, which includes enterprise business systems, infrastructure, workforce enablement, and enterprise resilience engineering. She is also responsible for the planning, prioritisation, implementation and operations of Disney IT systems and infrastructure across the Company in support of corporate business operations, ensuring both their strategic relevance and operational effectiveness.
Prior to joining Disney in October 2020, she served as Chief Technology Officer for BHP, a multinational mining, metals, and petroleum company. In that role, Diane was responsible for leading capital program delivery, technology operations, cyber security, data privacy, digital strategy, and research and development.
• Prior to Walt Disney, she worked for several companies including General Motors as VP and CIO
• Has a Bachelors and a Masters in Electrical Engineering from the University of Washington
• Also has an MBA in International Business from Seattle University
• Won the Six Female Champions of the Global Tech Scene Award in 2020, issued by Tech Wire Asia
*The video below is from Jurgen’s days at GM.