- Leading PR software company Cision wants to sell Trendkite, a rival it bought in 2019 for $225 million, according to a leaked email and pitch deck sent to potential buyers.
- The deck pitches Trendkite’s capabilities like its vast media contact database InsightPool, analytics capabilities, and monitoring.
- Their clients include Nordstrom, Adidas, Edelman, and Live Nation.
- The development comes as Cision tries to acquire Meltwater, the second-largest PR software company, a move that’s attracted the attention of the Department of Justice’s antitrust division, multiple sources told Business Insider.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
In 2019, Cision, the world’s largest public relations software company, snapped up one of its most formidable competitors, Trendkite, for $225 million.
Now, documents obtained by Business Insider shows Cision’s private equity owner, Platinum Equity, has been trying to sell Trendkite and its media contact database InsightPool.
The development comes as Cision is trying to acquire