- Step is a no-fee digital bank for teenagers, offering secured credit cards and an app.
- It’s working with influencers like TikTok megastar Charli d’Amelio to spread the word, and banking on referrals between users to grow its platform.
- Fintechs like Current and Greenlight, too, offer debit cards and savings accounts for kids.
- Step will also have a brand ambassador called the Step Squad.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Banking isn’t typically top of mind for teens, and teens aren’t typically top of mind for banks. But as Gen Z comes of age, fintechs are starting to pay attention to the digitally-savvy segment.
Step, a digital-only bank for teens, just launched, and it’s using influencers like TikTok superstar Charli D’Amelio to spread the word.
D’Amelio, 16, is the most-followed individual on the app, with nearly 90 million followers.
When Step founder and CEO CJ MacDonald first met D’Amelio and