The Texas Tech Red Raiders (0-0) kick off their 2020 college football season against the Houston Baptist Huskies (0-1) Saturday at Jones AT&T Stadium in Lubbock, Texas. Kickoff is at 8 p.m. ET. We analyze the Houston Baptist-Texas Tech college football betting odds and lines, with picks and best bets.
Houston Baptist at Texas Tech: Betting odds and lines
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated at 11 a.m. ET.
- Moneyline: There was no moneyline posted at the time of publishing.
- Against the Spread/ATS: Houston Baptist +41.5 (-110) | Texas Tech -41.5 (-110)
- Over/Under: 79.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Houston Baptist at Texas Tech: Three things to know
1. Texas Tech had the 127th-ranked defense in 2019, allowing more than 300 passing yards per game.
2. Houston Baptist QB Bailey Zappe had 480 yards and three touchdown passes in the Huskies’ season opener against North Texas.
3. Houston Baptist gave up 721 yards of offense against North Texas in a 57-31 loss.
Get some action on this game or any other matchup with a college football bet at BetMGM in NJ, IN, CO and WV. Bet now!
Houston Baptist at Texas Tech: Odds, betting lines and picks
Texas Tech 55, Houston Baptist 28
There was no moneyline posted at the time of publishing. Due to the large spread, the moneyline wouldn’t be worth betting.
Against the spread (ATS)
The Huskies are going to give up a ton of yards and points. Texas Tech will have no problem moving the ball, but the Raiders will get up early, the game will be over by the third quarter and then they will give up some points. The 41.5 points is just too much to give away.
Take HOUSTON BAPTIST +41.5 (-110).
New to sports betting? A $10 bet on Houston Baptist to cover the spread would return profit of $9.09 if the Huskies lost by no more than 41 points or win outright.
Houston Baptist’s opener blew past the total and had a total of 88 points. With the Week 2 total at 79.5, expect another high-scoring game. Texas Tech’s defense will allow the Huskies to put some points up as well.
Take the OVER 79.5 (-110).
Want some action in this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.