DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Automated External Defibrillator Market – Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2020 – 2025)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The automated external defibrillator market is expected to register a CAGR of 8.3% during the forecast period. Certain factors that are driving the market growth include rising prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, technological advancements in the field of defibrillators, and increasing investments by government and private players.
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Cardiac Science
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- Medtronic PLC
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co. Ltd
- Stryker Corporation
Key Market Trends
Semi-automated External Defibrillators Segment is Expected to Hold Significant Market Share in the Automated External Defibrillator Market
- Semi-automated external defibrillator (SAED) is a portable device that checks the heart’s rhythm and allows the user to send an electric shock to the heart, for restoring the heart’s normal rhythm. It is used to treat sudden cardiac arrests in patients.
- The major difference between a SAED and a fully-automated external defibrillator (FAED) is that the FAED sends a shock automatically to the heart, after verbally preparing the patient to receive the shock.
- The SAED allows the patient to take the decision of sending a shock, after verbally requesting them; the SAED contains a shock button. One of the factors contributing to the increase in SAED demand is its usage in countries with high medical tourism, globally, across a range of multi-specialty hospitals. In the case of FAEDs, it should be made sure that no one is touching the patient, to avoid injury to themselves or the patient.
- Furthermore, according to the World Heart Federation, coronary heart disease is now the leading cause of death worldwide. An estimated 3.8 million men and 3.4 million women die each year from coronary heart disease. Thus, owing to above factors the segment is expected to grow in coming years.
North America Dominates the Market and is Expected to Continue the Same during the Forecast Period
North America is expected to dominate the market, owing to the increasing prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and advancement in medical technology. The high healthcare expenditure and supportive government policies help the region to dominate the market.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2017, coronary heart disease is the most common type of heart disease, killing approximately 365,914 people in the United States.
Europe is estimated to follow North America due to the rising prevalence of coronary artery diseases and a high number of sudden cardiac arrests, with rising investments by companies operating in the region.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rising Prevalence of Cardiovascular Diseases
4.2.2 Technological Advancements in the Field of Defibrillators
4.2.3 Increasing Investments by Private Players
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Stringent Regulations
4.3.2 Lack of Awareness and Early Corrective Measures about Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SAC)
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Analysis Type
5.1.1 Semi-automated External Defibrillators
5.1.2 Fully-automated External Defibrillators
5.2 End User
5.2.2 Home Care
5.2.3 Other End Users
5.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle-East & Africa
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East & Africa
5.3.5 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Asahi Kasei Corporation
6.1.2 Cardiac Science
6.1.3 Koninklijke Philips NV
6.1.4 Medtronic PLC
6.1.5 Nihon Kohden Corporation
6.1.7 Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co. Ltd
6.1.8 Stryker Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6g3sox